Learning about lung cancer and its treatment can help you prepare for your appointments, understand different types of treatment, and prevent and manage any side effects.
Leading experts in oncology provide up-to-date information in one-hour workshops over the telephone or online.
- New Perspectives in Immuno-Oncology in the Treatment of Lung Cancer
- Advances in the Treatment of Lung Cancer
- For Caregivers: Practical Tips to Cope with Your Loved One’s Lung Cancer
Written by experts, our easy-to-read booklets and fact sheets provide reliable information.
- Your Guide to the Latest Cancer Research and Treatments: Highlights from the 2014 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Your Guide to the Latest Cancer Research and Treatments: Highlights from the 2013 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Caring for Your Loved One with Lung Cancer
Featured oncology social workers answer your questions about cancer-related concerns. Read answers to past questions or submit your own.
Professional oncology social workers provide free emotional and practical support for people with lung cancer, caregivers, and their loved ones.
- CancerCare’s staff of professional oncology social workers can help you and your loved ones cope with the emotional and practical challenges of lung cancer.
- Support Groups
- Led by oncology social workers, our support groups help you connect with others affected by lung cancer to share information and experiences.
- Financial Assistance
- Find resources and support to manage your financial concerns. Limited assistance is available to eligible individuals for treatment-related costs such as transportation, childcare, and insurance co-payments.
- Community Programs
- CancerCare offers a variety of in-person workshops, therapeutic activities, and special events throughout the year.
I went to CancerCare and was treated royally. I was expecting the hair loss, but it was still a shock to my system.
The weekly lung cancer support group has become an integral part of my healing process. The friendships made are priceless, the knowledge and support shared is invaluable.